The project aims to contribute to broadening the uptake of organic varieties in the organic sector and to stimulate organic plant breeding in Europe.
More specifically the project aims to:
- Build an exchange platform for discussion among organic plant breeders and stakeholders from along the organic food chain.
- Analyse the needs of the organic actors in order to improve the uptake of organic varieties.
- Explore best practice models of
- organic breeding initiatives
- the use of organic plant varieties in farming and processing
- successful marketing of products containing organically bred varieties
- and develop visions for better cooperation among food chain partners to promote the use of organic varieties
- Raise public and political awareness about the value of organically bred varieties
The project team of ‘Promoting Organic Plant Breeding in Europe’ is happy to cooperate with the EU project LIVESEED.
The project team consists of
- Maria Kaiafa (project coordinator)
- Antje Kölling (chief editor)
- Lina Lasithiotaki (communication)
- Dr. Andreas Biesantz (fundraising and office management)
You can contact us at info[ / at \ ]organic-plant-breeding [ / dot \ ] org.